If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, the German government plans a 3-month transition period which is likely to be extended to 9 months. During this period, you must apply for a new residence permit. Your right to undertake any economic activity (such as work or study) and receive benefits you received before the day the UK leaves the EU will be protected during this period.






Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom