Senior Lighting Artist – Guildford, UK – Permanent – AAA GamesQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 08-11-2022
- Location: Guildford
- Workspace: Hybrid
- Job ID: 26336
One Player Mission are pleased to be working with a long-standing client that are looking for a highly talented and experienced Senior Lighting Artist to play a key role in their studio.
The successful candidate will take charge of a team of lighting artists and oversee the quality of results and productivity of the team for one of our clients cinematic games.
You’ll need both a high-level technical understanding of real time lighting workflows and a well-developed, cultured artistic eye to be successful in the role. The role will require you to be a figurehead of the team, ensuring that the correct workflows are being adhered to and giving artistic mentoring and guidance where needed. You will also need to be comfortable encouraging and motivating a team to ensure tasks are completed in the scheduled time, as well as working closely with counterparts in the technical departments to ensure that efficiency and budget goals are met.
- At least 5 years of experience as a lighting artist, or equivalent senior artist role, working on at least one AAA title.
- In-depth understanding and practical experience of lighting in either real-time gaming engines or in high-end CGI productions.
- Strong technical understanding of real time rendering processes in modern game engines.
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates your ability as an artist.
- A proven track record of being an effective leader in an art discipline
- Baked and real-time lighting techniques in modern game engines.
- Good understanding of the theory and application of Composition
- Thorough knowledge of colour theory, and its use in emotional storytelling
- A keen interest in cinematography and the language of film
- Unreal Engine, or similar (UNITY, CryEngine, Frostbite, etc.)
- Maya, or equivalent 3D modelling package
- A working knowledge of rendering engines such as Renderman, VRay, Mental Ray or Arnold would be useful.
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- A willingness to take full ownership of your area of responsibility
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Taking game scenes and lighting them to both a creative and technical brief.
- Help to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
- Working closely with the art team to improve workflows and processes.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as 3D modelers and VFX artists, graphics programmers and level designers to create great AAA game experiences.
- Our client make big games with small teams – you will play a full and active role
- Quarterly Profit-related Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events – including large summer party
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!