Lead Technical Artist – Hybrid – Amsterdam, Netherlands – FPS VR GameQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 14-11-2023
- Location: Amsterdam
- Workspace: Hybrid
- Job ID: 27239
One Player Missions client, a renowned VR developer, is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to join their ambitious team in Amsterdam. They are in full production of a high-end VR action shooter based on a title from the past!
The successful candidate will collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to innovate and implement game features and systems for VR games and experiences.
- A solid understanding of rendering theory from cutting edge console to mobile.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine 4/5. (blueprinting to materials and shaders, etc.)
- Expertise in optimisation for different platforms.
- Experience in managing a team and helping other technical artists grow.
- Strong technical insight in content creation for games.
- Affinity with workflow optimisation and Python scripting.
- Effective communication skills with both management and team members.
- Bonus points for VR experience, Substance Painter & Designer expertise, Houdini proficiency, C++/C# programming skills, understanding of CGFX/HLSL, and modelling/texturing abilities.
- Drive toolchain improvements for art asset creation and optimisation.
- Innovate on asset creation techniques for optimal visual results.
- Lead art-related decisions and manage project risks.
- Train artists in best practices and tools.
- Lead a team of Technical Artists, planning and monitoring their work.
- Optimise scenes and assets for an optimal player experience.
- Research and implement technical pipeline improvements.
- Stay updated with industry trends in VR optimisation and asset creation.
- Provide technical tools and guidance for art assets.
- Healthy work-life balance and hybrid working model.
- Career coaching and personal development budget.
- Tax benefits and relocation cost compensation for eligible candidates.
- Additional vacation options and travel benefits.
- Free pension plan, lunch, and group activities.
- Access to the latest VR hardware and games.
- Home office setup support including hardware and energy cost contribution.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!