Senior Technical Artist – REMOTE or Hybrid, Woking, UK – AAA GamesQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 15-11-2023
- Location: Woking
- Workspace: Remote
- Job ID: 27205
One Player Mission is proud to be working with a rapidly growing team of highly experienced and passionate developers, focused on creating the outstanding and amazing games of the future.
Based in the South-East of England, they are seeking a Senior Technical Artist to join their team. A Senior Technical Artist is a generalist responsible for the Technical Art systems for THEIR game titles. This includes the creation, iteration, and delivery of all art based pipelines, workflows and systems in the game. This also includes being responsible for DCC side processes, implementation and maintenance of their Unreal pipelines.
- Be responsible for delivering content on time and to the required quality level
- Work across a multi-discipline team to collaborate in content delivery, actively working with others to drive resolution to problems encountered
- Regularly provide constructive feedback on your work and those around you
- Ensure that your content is performant, robust and reliable, without compromising quality
- Share knowledge and mentor those around you when required.
- Help define best working practices and pipelines along with the discipline leads and the Technical Art Director, to ensure a smooth development process with suitable tooling
- Be capable of owning a specific technical art tasks, developing and completing them with minimal iteration and feedback
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with the defined visual style for the game
- Able to identify changes to processes and tooling to improve their pipelines
- Strong experience as a Technical Art Generalist with at least 1 area of specialisation (Tooling, pipelines, Unreal etc.)
- A strong/expert level of skill with Maya, Unreal Engine, Python Programming
- Working experience using ZBrush, Substance Painter, general art pipelines, performance and profiling tools, Unreal insights etc
- Able to collaborate and work well with teams from various disciplines
- Know how to automate and refine systems (especially those with repetitive tasks both in DCC and Unreal)
- Have a very good understanding and experience working with Art pipelines / Workflows / Asset management and how to improve an artist’s quality of life
- Extensive Experience working with Unreal Engine 5:Blueprints, optimisation and performance and extensive general knowledge of Unreal and its art processes and pipelines
- Working Experience of the following Unreal 5 systems: utility widgets, materials, lighting, animation blueprints, character setup.
- Hybrid, Onsite or Remote working
- Generous annual leave
- Private Medical and Dental insurance
- Travel card or parking ticket loan
- Flexible and remote working options
- Sabbatical awards after certain years
- Above-average pension contribution
- Local Gym membership
- Flexitime: Core working hours of 10 am to 4 pm
- And more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!