Network Programmer – PC / Console Games – C++ Proprietary Engine – Remote / Hybrid, SwedenQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 11-09-2023
- Location: Uppsala
- Workspace: Remote
- Job ID: 27150
One Player Mission’s client is a Swedish game studio comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognised for their work creating story-driven games.
They can boast an impressive back catalogue of action-packed console and PC games, which have won numerous awards and reached both commercial and critical acclaim.
Looking for a talented Network Programmer to join their studio! In this role your job is to tackle the game networking layer and we believe the person that will be best suited for this job is already experienced with real-time and low-latency object replication.
- Have experience from at least one full cycle of a AAA game production.
- Demonstrate and apply strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++.
- Write clean, professional, well commented and maintainable code.
- Show good knowledge of mathematics for 3d game development.
- Understand a large set of the many components that makes up a modern video game and show capabilities of independently take on tasks.
- Experience with networked gameplay and object replication in a client-server model.???????
- Architect and implement features in C/C++, that is CPU, GPU and memory efficient, with an eye to a quality end-user experience.
- Develop, extend and debug AI, tools, physics, animation, rendering, UI and gameplay code while respecting platform and design constraints, with focus on your area of expertise.
- Collaborate well with programmers and other disciplines involved in the day to day work.
- Review code written by programmers across the studio and collaborate with them to improve code quality.
- Help mentoring less experienced team members.
- If required, debug, modify, extend or use the tools pipeline as necessary.
- Construct solutions for unforeseen design problems in a timely manner.
- Proactively provides suggestions on how to utilize new technologies and tools and implement them into our workflow.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Broad understanding of interactions between different gameplay systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of online matchmaking services.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +441206 214418!