Art Director – Brand new FPS title – Remote, EuropeQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 23-05-2023
- Location: London
- Workspace: Remote
- Job ID: 26979
One Player Missions client are looking for an experienced and creative individual to join their team as an Art Director. You’ll be joining the team on an ambitious and original open world survival game with a horror thematic. Visual quality is paramount, so you’ll be building in Unreal Engine 5.
- Develop and oversee the art direction of the game from concept to shipping.
- Define and maintain the artistic vision for the project and ensure that it is executed to perfection.
- Collaborate with game designers, developers, and creative teams on a daily basis.
- Oversee and evaluate the work of artists to ensure that it meets quality standards, deadlines, and budget requirements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal and external vendors like freelancers, voice talent, and marketing agencies.
- Provide creative guidance, mentorship, and feedback to other artists to ensure the optimal functioning of the art team.
- Research and stay up to date with innovative techniques, technologies, and trends related to gaming and game art.
- Develop, review, and approve concept art, mood boards, character sheets and other visual assets for the game.
- Balance artistic goals and player experience requirements in the context of the overall design.
- 5+ years of experience in game art/design/development, with at least 2+ years as an Art Director or equivalent role.
- Strong leadership and management experience, with proven experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Professional experience in an outsource art focus role would be a plus.
- Deep knowledge of various game engines and software such as, Unreal Engine, Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Strong artistic skills with a keen eye for visual aesthetics and design.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including feedback, critiques, and mentorship.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for gaming and understanding of game design concepts.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your previous work and experience in the gaming industry.
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. The environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. They care about the wellbeing of their employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking from anywhere in Europe with flexible working schedules, a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214428
For questions on this role contactEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org Call: +44 (0) 1206 21 44 28