Lighting Artist – Hybrid – Guildford, UK – AAA GameQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 01-04-2023
- Location: Guildford
- Workspace: Hybrid
- Job ID: 26660
OPMs client is a well-established UK developer with multiple studios across Europe. They are seeking a Lighting Artist to work on their latest studio title for next gen consoles.
It couldn’t be a more exciting time to join them as they embark on a new unannounced IP, pushing the boundaries of arcade racing games for a truly AAA experience.
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating your skills and achievements
- Experience creating real-time dynamic and baked lighting, grading and other post FX, all with an eye on image quality and performance
- Lighting experience in UE4/5 (or similar game engine)
- Experience in industry standard art tools such as required 3DS Max/Maya, Photoshop
- Working knowledge of art creation workflow, asset exporting, and data driven pipelines
- Worked as a mid-level artist on at least 1 AAA game or 2 feature films with examples of work in portfolio
- Experience in real-time lighting
- Create AAA quality lighting for engaging game experiences
- Working with technical art and engineering to deliver world class and innovative techniques
- Work with production to plan lighting work and dependencies
- Optimise lighting content for memory and performance while retaining visual quality
- Be aware of potential risks to the project and bring it to the attention of management
- Collaboration with the team to decide on the best working practices
- Provide feedback and advice to team members on the project
- Collaborate with tech art and graphics engineers on materials/shaders, shadows, anti-aliasing and other image quality issues
- Working with Lighting Lead, Art Director/Creative Director to create a distinctive look that supports gameplay
- VISA and Relocation Support on a case by case basis
- Flexible / Hybrid working.
- Pension plan
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- Bonus scheme.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!