Tools/ Pipeline Programmer – Unreal Engine – PC/Console – Hybrid/Onsite Guildford, UKQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 23-01-2023
- Location: Guildford
- Workspace: Hybrid
- Job ID: 26662
One Player Mission’s client is a BAFTA-winning, independent game developer, known for delivering high-end cinematic games and is carving a unique and exciting path in the gaming industry. They are currently seeking an experienced Tools/ Pipeline Programmer to join their team.
In this exciting and creative role you will own and optimise the powerful systems they’ve built around their very own custom version of Unreal Engine.
- Expert programmer – you’ve been operating professionally and have deep knowledge of programming, making use of a variety of languages such as C++, C# and Python.
- Experienced developer – you have supported a large dev team through a full production cycle, gaining a good knowledge of the various workflows across the full breadth of content creation.
- Focussed on the end-user – you are driven to make things better for the end-user, combining a deep understanding of the user-experience, with well thought-out solutions, and solid implementation.
- Great communicator – you can comfortably work with team members across the disciplines, being approachable and having excellent communication that facilitates exploration with a view to finding the best solutions.
- Practical – you are willing to muck-in and help-out other team members who are struggling, solving day-to-day problems and keeping the team moving forwards at all times.
- Optimise and Build upon the existing toolset built upon their customised version of Unreal Engine.
- Support artists and designers with their workflows across the whole project cycle to deliver efficiency.
- Consistently innovate and seek out opportunities to improve the user-experience for the team.
- Prioritising your workload as problems arise, balancing the urgency of day to day issues with larger ongoing projects.
- Hands-on working with Unreal Engine and its various content tools at a level where you can offer advice and support other users.
- Experience extending functionality of periphery DCC software, perhaps writing plugins for Maya or MotionBuilder (or equivalents) to meet custom requirements.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!