Senior Game Programmer – UE4 / C++ – Hybrid/ Onsite – Cornwall, UKQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 30-01-2023
- Location: Truro
- Workspace: Hybrid
- Job ID: 26697
One Player Mission’s client is looking for an outstanding, high energy, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated experienced Senior Game Programmer to work on their current FPS title in their studio in Cornwall.
Are you a programming veteran excelling in C++? Do you have a shipped game(s) under your belt with coding credits? You’ll be bringing your experience and knowledge to their robust coding department. Your work will be exciting and varied as your code touches all aspects of their Stealth Shooter in Unreal Engine 5.
- You have one or more shipped PC/console titles with engine or graphics credit
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and systems design skills
- You’re experienced with Unreal Engine programming on published titles
- Knowledge about engine low-level systems: graphics, physics, multithreading, networking…
- You’re a great problem-solver
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivating
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You’ve achieved a BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Work closely with designers to translate their features into clean and efficient code
- You’ll be producing prototypes of gameplay ideas to explore their viability
- Your knowledge of new game systems and tools will help improve performance
- Implementing all technical aspects of games such as networking, animation, effects, UI, audio.
- You’ll assess and solve performance and memory issues in an existing codebase
- Analyse, refactor, and improve existing core technology and tools
- Serve as a technical expert and provide support and feedback with other programmers and as part of a larger team
- Communicate with the design team and project leadership about the practical and technical concerns of proposed features and content, including timeframes and any relevant technical limitations
DESIRED (good to have):
- Experience of one or more graphics API
- Cross-platform (PC, Xbox, PS) development
- Experience with build systems
- Passion for first person shooters
- Experience with JIRA and/or Agile software development
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214 426!