Lead World Designer – AAA Games- Stockholm – HybridQuick Apply
- Type: permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Posted: 07-12-2023
- Location: Stockholm
- Workspace: Hybrid
- Job ID: 27270
One Player Missions client is looking for a Lead World Designer to join their Creative Design team. They are developing a survival open-world crafting game set in the iconic Dune universe.
The successful candidate will work closely with the World Director to shape the game’s vision, manage a talented team of world designers, environment artists, and level designers, and ensure the delivery of captivating player experiences through mentorship and effective team management.
- Extensive experience in world/level design within the gaming industry.
- Established experience in a leadership or management role.
- Experience with shipped titles in a professional capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of design processes including world, level and content design as well as content/feature implementation.
- Passion for leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication abilities, comfortable working across teams and cultures.
- A proactive attitude towards collaboration and positive change in a studio environment.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to tackle complex challenges.
- Experience within survival and open world games is desired but not necessary.
- Lead and mentor world design teams in multiple strike teams with direct mentorship.
- Assist in the creation of the game world.
- Establish and maintain quality goals, workflows, and guidelines for content.
- Collaborate with various teams to ensure cohesive development.
- Plan and document the creation of game content, locations, and features.
- Provide feedback on designs and drive efforts to enhance game quality.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Relocation assistance.
- Healthcare package.
- Free gym access.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 427