Building on over twenty years at the forefront of game development, OPM’s client are leading the world of VR, and about to start an exciting new project that will push the player-experience to new heights.
At the heart of any successful title, is a strong and focussed team. At their London based Studio they work together in multi-discipline teams to solve problems in new and creative ways, and believe this is at the heart of a great play experience. You will be encouraged to manage your own time, make decisions for yourself, and above all have fun as you explore and innovate.
This is a great opportunity for a graphics programmer to join an established tech team focused on bringing out the best of VR. Building upon their proprietary engine – tailored for high performance, high quality graphics in VR – you will have a critical role to play in shaping the future, as you adapt the latest graphics algorithms as applied to VR.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining graphics systems and architecture in collaboration with other graphics, runtime and tools programmers – with the goal of achieving high performance without compromising quality.
- An attention to detail, both in terms of exacting technical implementation, but also in your pursuit of the highest quality visuals in VR. You can expect to be at the top of your game, both as a graphics specialist, but also as an expert practitioner of VR.
- Collaborating with other members of the technology team, gameplay programmers and embedded QA to continuously improve the core technology, proactively improving quality and efficiency.
- Manage priorities and dependencies, to ensure smooth development across the team and minimise delays to other aspects of the project.
Required Skills and Ability:
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Proficiency in maths and 3D geometry. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Substantial knowledge and implementation experience of graphical techniques, algorithms, and GPU architecture. Coupled with a drive to seek out, push the boundaries, and surpass what is considered the state-of-the-art.
- Excellent profiling, analysis and optimization skills (especially on the GPU). Experience of designing code and data structures with performance in mind – across C++, Compute, shader-language.
- A methodical approach to debugging (especially GPU debugging), practiced over a number of years, and honed to high degree of proficiency.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. A solid understanding of game architecture, including the development of reusable software libraries. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase.
- Passion and aptitude for practical game development. Experience of working in small focused work groups, and interfacing with a large multi-discipline team. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to self-prioritise and execute with minimal supervision.
Good to have:
- PlayStation platform development (especially PS4), PC or other console based development in games.
- Experience developing for VR display devices.
- A successful shipped console title gaining critical acclaim.
- Familiarity with development software and tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Perforce, SN-Debugger, CPU/GPU-Performance Analysis tools.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Jody on +44 (0) 1206214423 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Jody Zarkos | Technical Consultant
OPM Response LTD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214423 | Email: email@example.com | Skype: jody.zarkos.opm