OPM is pleased to be collaborating with a AAA console games developer in Singapore on their recruitment for a VFX Artist who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title on the next generation platforms.
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, lighting and colour.
- Strong texture painting skills, efficient materials and texture layout.
- Experienced in creating believable particle behaviours and rigid body simulations.
- Experience creating VFX for video games.
- Experience in Unreal a plus.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as an FX artist.
- Excellent team and communication skills.
- Passion for making and playing innovative games.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team player with a positive and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Solicits feedback frequently; accepts critiques and uses feedback to improve work.
- Experience with programming or scripting language a plus.
- Work closely with the art lead and creative director to create VFX based on concept art, pre-viz and photographic reference, in line with the art direction set for the project.
- Create realistic VFX using Unreal and other software packages.
- Work within the game engine to preview, iterate, optimize and polish game assets to a quality bar and visual direction set by the Art Lead and Creative Director.
- Work closely with the Lead Technical Artist to help define and manage performance budgets, streaming, and other run-time requirements.
- Actively drive pipeline improvements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games and work within a strong, collaborative, highly creative team.