This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Multiplatform Games
OPM’s client are currently seeking an experienced and talented VFX Artist to join development on their current and upcoming, world-famous IPs.
- Visual effects creation using Unreal Engine 4 and in-house tools and technology (particle- and mesh-based effects)
- Work on the textures for these effects using 3d party licensed tools: 3DS Max, Photoshop, Afterburn, FumeFX, Aftereffects
- Modelling and texturing of meshes for the VFX assets
- Work alongside the Technical Art Director to ensure the highest quality and the best performance for effects
- R&D for the effect pipeline – new tricks and techniques
- Work on further improvements and customization of our existing effects toolset
- Solid experience as VFX artist in a studio
- Background with in-game effects creation (particles and screen effects)
- Inquisitive mindset and creative approach to work: capable to create effects in a constrained environment (project specific performance requirements, amount of emitters and particles, etc.)
- 3D asset creation skills using Max, Photoshop, Mudbox/zBrush
- In-engine understanding of in-game lighting techniques and the impact they have on the VFX
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Outstanding communication skills & proven ability to work within a team
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- Familiarity with video visual effects software particles e.g. Adobe After Effects
- Interest in in CGI effects production
- Solid programming skills (to be able to work on shaders or implement engine side effect calls)
- Passion for new effect types e.g. meatball, fluid simulation, morphing effects, etc.
- Willingness to invest into tools design and further development (sending your requests to Tools code team)
- General CG artistic skills, such as animation, camera work, hand drawing skills
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days holiday
- Competitive salary
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!