Our clients multi-cultural and daring London team creates distinctive games that millions of people love, all across the globe. Close collaboration between teams, players and fans is at the heart of their unique way of developing and marketing games.
They are currently looking for a talented VFX Artist to help build world class effects for upcoming titles. You should exhibit both technical skill and artistic talent, have a passion for creative problem solving.
- Use your command over aesthetics and physics to create real time VFX
- Collaborate with designers, artists and coders to design and implement those VFX
- Take ownership and responsibility of your output
- Have a willingness to muck-in, and to support other team members
- Optimize your VFX to budget, test, measure and strive to improve performance
- Contribute to new techniques and workflows
- Experience authoring real-time VFX and a good understanding of the technical constraints imposed by console, mobile and PC technology is a must
- Understanding and working within CPU and GPU budgets
- Proficiency in Max/Maya, Photoshop, and Unity editor (or similar)
- Experience with real time particle systems – eg. PopcornFX, Shuriken, Cascade
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how to use VFX to provide gameplay feedback
- Exceptional ability to optimise VFX to run at the speed and fidelity needed by multiplayer games while looking great
- Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
- Useful generalist skills – Modelling, Animation, Texturing, Lighting etc.
- Experience with PhysX simulation and authoring
- Familiarity with nodal network construction
- Understanding of realtime lighting
- Knowledge how to construct shaders
- Experience using authoring tools – After Effects, Houdini
- Experience with scripting languages – eg, Py, Lua ,C#, MEL, Java