Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
Our client is growing, and is looking for the industry’s brightest stars to help bring a series of incredible projects to life.
The studio vision statement is quite simply "We make you look forward to tomorrow", they have a vision to make games which players will keep coming back to – day after day, year after year. They also believe that by putting people and purpose first, studio culture is one that drives performance, boasts enthusiasm, and is something that the team are proud to say they are part of. If you are looking for somewhere that is a little bit special and unique come and join them.
This role is offered as fully remote, although on-site visits to the Leamington Spa office are possible for candidates who live within a commutable distance.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your in-game VFX work.
- Good game development experience.
- The ability to create high-quality game visual effects matching desired visual style of the game whilst staying within performance constraints.
- The ability to own the visual effects pipeline from initial concept to final high-quality assets working in-game.
- Production experience with Unity or Unreal Engine, including mobile development and the associated constraints of a range of platforms.
- Knowledge of profiling and optimisation techniques.
- Excellent asset creation skills within software such as 3dsmax, Maya and Photoshop.
- High level of skill in the creation of particle systems, shaders, full-screen effects and post-processing.
- Scripting – e.g. C# for Unity, Python and Maxscript
- Animation experience,
- Adobe software such as Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects,
- Knowledge of modern art pipelines including ZBrush and Substance,
- Other 3D software such as Houdini.
- Make use of your skills in aesthetics and physics to create VFX that fit with the art direction of the projects.
- Co-ordinate with designers, artists, and coders to design and implement those VFX
- Optimize your VFX to budget, test, measure and strive to improve performance
- Contribute to new techniques and workflows
- Design prototypes and pre-visualisation concepts to help establish visual effects direction and workflows
- Work alongside level design and gameplay teams to create visual effects that support gameplay requirements
- Produce clear and accurate technical documentation regarding VFX production and implementation procedures
- Work with the Graphical Rendering team/Technical Art team in the development and improvement of workflows and technologies to improve visual effect quality and performance.
- Work through all aspects of the VFX pipeline, which includes creating content from concept to final polished result
- Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
- Electric Car Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday a duvet day and Christmas
- Holiday ‘buy and sell’ scheme
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!