This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Mobile Games
OPM are proud to be working with one of the worldwide leaders in mobile games with an incredibly talented international team based in the diverse and beautiful city of Barcelona. They are looking for a VFX Artist to join their team.
- Proficient with real-time special effects creation within Unity, using shuriken or similar tools.
- Demonstrable experience in game development as a VFX Artist.
- Deep understanding of 3D modeling and 2D illustration software such as 3DS Max, Maya, and Photoshop or comparable.
- Experience working with mobile environments and optimisation processes.
- Passionate about games and the games industry.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Strong English language skills.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Understanding of rendered particles e.g. FumeFX or Realflow.
- Shader creation, by code or software assisted e.g. Amplify, Shader Graph, Shader Lab.
- Understanding of After Effects, Houdini, or Spine 2D.
- Knowledge of scripting with C#.
- Knowledge of GLSL, CG or HLSL.
- You create different special effects, striving to achieve the highest possible quality of art within their games.
- You will work closely with the teams during development and support the company’s R&D.
- You will work closely with the art leads to ensure all special effects in each project are high-quality and stunning.
- Working in collaboration with other members of the VFX Department and Technical art, managing both artistic and technical production for the VFX.
- Following and reinforcing the VFX pipeline with your input to enable the team to work effortlessly across different projects.
- Assessing and updating the task roadmaps regarding priorities and deliverables, ensuring a smooth workflow, foreseeing bottlenecks, and discovering solutions within projects.
- Cooperating with team members from numerous projects in all aspects of VFX, aligning the process with everyone involved.
- Researching and suggesting technical enhancements and effects optimisation.
- Using shaders and scripts matching the needs of the required assets.
- Maintaining the project’s consistency of style by working hand in hand with the lead artist and the art director.
- Access to the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with
- A Spotify Premium account.
- Healthy Monday breakfast and delicious daily lunch menus!
- Access to a new gym, football, and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- Private medical insurance.
- Spanish lessons
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!