My client is a UK development powerhouse that keeps high production values close to its heart. Only the best will do and this is obvious in all their game releases! To maintain this quality, they are now in a position to hire an experienced VFX Artist into an already legendary team. Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
You will be responsible for Creating, implementing and optimising visual effects assets, from concept to finished art – to a high quality, visually stunning finish and within an agreed schedule and to technical specifications.
- Under direction from senior members of the team take an active role in the creation process, producing high quality effects content with a strong commitment to deadlines.
- Build, maintain and manage strong working relationships with other disciplines in the studio, ensuring clarity of vision is maintained across all teams and keeping an awareness of the whole production process, whilst ensuring correct practices – for example work with the Animation and Design departments to incorporate and trigger required effects within the game engine using appropriate tools and with the Environment Artists to help in complimenting their work with atmospherics and elemental effects.
- Maintain both a detailed view of effects content worked on as well as a bigger picture view of the whole pipeline to ensure problem solving when required is both adept and long-term in view. Understand how other teams within the pipeline can impact the Effects team to be able to pre-empt problems when possible.
- Take an active part in team discussions, offering suggestions for improving the FX/Technical Art quality of the game and ensuring these suggestions remain positive and constructive. Ask pertinent questions and use knowledge / experience of more senior team members to ensure own work is carried out appropriately and own development is maintained.
- Maintain a flexible working practice – showing the ability and willingness to adapt to various art styles and tools, and to take advice from other disciplines and members of the art team as required. Be able to provide good time estimates of completion of tasks when required and demonstrate an understanding, via your work, of the reduction of processing and memory overheads whilst maintaining visual integrity.
- Take responsibility for own personal development – whether via books, other team/studio members, electronic media etc. Show development in work and awareness of importance of quality and schedules.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Experience of creating efficient realtime visual effects using the UE3/UE4 Cascade Editor
- Understanding of past and present styles of visual effects used in visual media.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and create texture maps
- Demonstrable understanding of 3D asset creation
- Demonstrable understanding of the physical movement of objects based around the object and objects environmental properties
- Demonstrable ability to quickly master proprietary tools and development processes in order to produce a finished real time asset.
- Experience of relevant 3D art & animation packages – Maya is preferred
- Demonstrable artistic understanding as well as practical implementation awareness of FX
- Understanding of shaders and textures
- Understanding of how to optimise effects to work with varying technical constraints
- Shipped a console/PC title using UE3/UE4
- Solid understanding of Photoshop or similar image manipulation software
- Knowledge of UE4 Blueprints
- Knowledge of Fluid Dynamics
- Knowledge of Rigid Body Dynamics
- Passion for games
- Interest in Virtual Reality
- Animation experience – an understanding of movement within particle effects
- Demonstrable knowledge of compositing
Please send your CV to email@example.com today!
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Unit 5 Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, UK, CO3 8AB | Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214413 | Email: Claire@opmjobs.com | Skype: claire.ramshaw.opm |
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.