Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Vehicle Artist Contract – Guildford – AAA Racing Games
Location: Guildford,UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 2 years ago
OPM’s client are looking for the ideal candidate who must have a real passion and understanding of vehicles and ensure that this is carried through to their artwork and game integration whilst pushing the technical limitations and following the artistic direction.
Must also be able to communicate and collaborate with other disciplines within the development team and is able to take and follow creative direction from the Art Director.
- Become familiar with art direction and game design documents to know the vehicles, parts, customization, surfacing and style in order to build vehicles, parts and integrate them.
- Become familiar with the visual references and respect the chosen artistic direction (High level visual directions/Concept arts/Style ideas, etc.)
- Work with Vehicle Director and Vehicle lead to gather relevant reference based on high level art direction and detailed style choices.
- Work with concept artists to collaborate on design work and pre-visualization.
- Visualize concept art and document the detail design for the wider vehicle team and follow up on the game art modelling whilst reviewing visual quality.
- Work with art direction, game design and engineering to create quality artwork.
- Visualize art direction and document the detail design for the core vehicle team.
- Help establish benchmark visual quality with Vehicle Director and Vehicle Lead.
- Acts as a resource person for the art team.
- Understands the whole vehicle pipeline, from first polygon to final rendered game asset.
- Supports the Vehicle Director and Vehicle Lead with the overall vision for the game
- An avid car person is a necessity.
- A great understanding of vehicle form and function and their interaction with the world.
- High level of expertise in 3D vehicle and hard surface modelling in low and high poly using 3D Software such as Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance etc.
- Basic 2d drawing/sketching skills
- Experience in vehicle customization design, product and/or industrial design is also a plus.
- Experience in vehicle wrap creation either in reality or within the game software.
- An excellent eye for detail and focus on delivering the very best quality with the gameplay as the focus and art that enhances the experience.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
- Experience and understanding of rendering and shader setup tech.
- High commitment to deadlines with ability to set realistic time estimates for their own work.
- Proactive and driven.
- Team player and good collaboration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- An avid gamer is a plus.
Categories: Art , Creative