This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is looking for an experienced Vehicle Artist to join their expanding team.
The successful candidate who will work closely with Lead Vehicle Artist and the Art Director you will model and texture a wide range of vehicle assets
- Experience in the creation of high-quality, high-resolution 3D Vehicles, UV maps and textures.
- Experience in creation of PBR, normal map and texture creation.
- Experience with texture authoring tools such as Substance.
- Professional experience as a Vehicle Artist in the games industry to be reflected in seniority.
- An excellent understating of hard surface/vehicle shaders.
- Strong hard surface modelling ability.
- Extensive experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- An excellent understanding of industrial and vehicle design.
- Sculpting ability in Zbrush or similar is a plus.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Ability to mentor junior and Co-Dev team members depending on seniority
- UE4 blueprint and material creation experience a big plus
- Work directly with the Lead Vehicle Artist to create high-quality, high-resolution 3D Vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Implement, review, and refine outsourced vehicle assets.
- Work with technical artists to guarantee a realistic application of the in-game assets.
- Work within the defined relevant shader set ups to maximise in game fidelity.
- Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule.
- Be open to and develop from feedback given by senior team members.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
- Apply feedback from Lead Vehicle Artist and Art Director.
- Implement and review final vehicles in the game engine.
- Create best practice assets as guided by senior artists.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!