OPM’s Amsterdam-based developer who develop are looking for a UX Designer to join its internal UX Team. This is a very exciting time in for OPM’s client, and a unique opportunity for you to join them! They are building a team of talented people that will raise the quality of our game’s UI and our internal design processes to the next level.
They are looking for people who have a strong passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, team player mentality.
What you will do:
- You will work closely with various stakeholders to understand and define UX goals for new features, game menus, HUD and the overall project;
- You will help shape the player’s journey by looking at how different systems interact with each other and how the player will perceive them as a whole, either independently or together with your team members;
- You will work with both Axure (or similar software) as well as our in-house engine tools to create concepts, wireframes, animated prototypes and initial screen skeletons that help communicate mechanics, features and the overall game vision to the wider team;
- You will continually iterate on these and other areas based on your own research, team feedback, and player feedback;
- You will document and drive awareness of UX standards;
- You will take advantage of objective and subjective data to identify opportunities for improvement;
- You will create designs that realize the overall game vision and provide an engaging and frictionless experience for all players, and you will help carry those designs into production.
Who you are:
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment with people from various disciplines;
- You’re ambitious and have the ability to work autonomously and think proactively;
- You always keep accessibility in mind to ensure an enjoyable experience for as many players as possible.
- You’re passionate about games and creating games;
- You have previous experience in UX and UI Design for video games;
- You understand the importance of good UX design and how it will affect the level of engagement our players have with the game.
- You have experience with editors (in engines such as Unreal or Unity)
- You have a helpful, solution-oriented attitude;
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.