Our Client is currently building a team in London to lead development on a new and highly ambitious MMORPG. We are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools.
They are looking for a User Experience Designer to join this growing team, responsible for defining and developing a cohesive and intuitive user experience for the game. You should demonstrate a passion for developing frictionless easy-to-use designs and systems that enhance the players game experience.
- Collaborate with design team to create personas, user journeys and experience maps.
- Propose a range of creative UX ideas that deliver an intuitive and enjoyable user flow experience.
- Collaborate with the team’s UI Artists to help define the visual design language for the game’s UI.
- Ensure players have the information they need at precisely the right time while not overwhelming them with unnecessary data.
- Translate any design documentation and/or creative conversations into UX actions.
- Work closely with the Design Team to implement the game’s user flows from initial wireframes to prototypes and game engine.
- Troubleshooting systems and implementing design enhancements to reduce friction for users.
- Validate ideas and designs through user testing and focus groups to determine player needs.
- Ensure that the UX is consistent across all areas of the game.
- Undertake UX research and heuristic evaluations of internal and competitor UX.
- Extensive experience in AAA game development and at least 1 commercially released title in a senior role.
- In-depth knowledge of UX principles.
- Strong communication skills to solve problems as well as keeping the team up to date with progress and any issues that may arise throughout production.
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering user experience for projects.
- Good working knowledge of wireframing tools.
- Demonstrable understanding of the science of User Experience and User Centred Design.
- Well versed in user experience methodologies and their applications.
- Strong understanding of visual syntax – colour, shape, placement, motion, behaviours, etc.
- Expert understanding of gaming challenges and can identify best-in-class UX examples.