OPM is proud to be working with this privately held game development company led by a group of hardened industry veterans. Currently working on their first own project, they are looking for a UX Designer to deliver high quality UI and UX experiences and assets. You will work with multidisciplined development teams, senior creative owners and producers to ensure their games give fantastic experiences to their players.
- Generate ideas and initial concepts for UI/UX Strategies and Designs by generating prototypes from simple paper walkthroughs to in-depth interactive experiences.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation, wireframes, flows and other schematics.
- Proactively drive UI/UX user stories, scenario development, user testing and feedback loops.
- Ownership of UX user and product stories ensuring the incorporation of user-centred design practices such as comprehension / usability / motivation within the product requirements.
- Create and/or direct the creation of functionality and interaction prototypes.
- Work exceptionally across disciplines as the point of contact and owner for UI/UX.
- Work hand in hand with the Game Design team in realising the game vision and desired experiences.
- Effectively communicate functionality and vision to multi-discipline development teams.
- Guidance on visual tone, working closely with graphical/UI artists to ensure a visual treatment that contributes and complements overall user experience
- Working as the external point of contact for UI/UX design with external partners as required.
- Quality control of UX, reviewing and feeding back into development teams.
- Drive decision making and issue tracking in relation to UI/UX pushing for best practices and leading edge experience delivery.
- Help to define tools and software requirements for successful UX Design.
- UX design research and communications, staying ahead of industry best practices & regular competitor benchmarking and product testing.
- Experience as an Interaction/UX designer and an understanding of the principles and techniques of UX Design.
- PC and console games experience (mobile and tablet games experience desirable).
- Able to build wireframes using wireframing tools.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & experience using analytics.
- Positive and outgoing personality & passionate about creating intuitive, cohesive, and enjoyable user experiences.
- Able to confidently articulate and communicate ideas and concepts using outstanding written, verbal and presentational skills.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain cross-disciplinary relationships, partnerships and communication.
- Outstanding organisational abilities.
- Experience developing on HD games consoles, touch screen devices and/or Online products.
- Experience developing and working with Monetisation design and strategy.
- Experience with responsive designs and Graphic/Visual, Web, Advertising and/or App Design.
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or similar field.
In return, our client can offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where they live and die by gameplay. While they grow, you will grow with them and evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependent on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org