This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console Games
Our client is a UK-based, full-service independent publisher and developer of interactive digital entertainment, who are currently working on a variety of well-established IPs.
They are seeking an experienced Unity Programmer to join the reputable team. In addition to experience and skill, our client place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
This is a full-time position based in Middlesbrough, however, can be on-boarded remotely initially due to COVID.
- Solid professional experience in the games industry
- Extensive professional experience with Unity and knowledge of C++
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Proactive in your work, with a positive attitude
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English language skills, both verbal and written
- Superb communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
DESIRED SKILLS (beneficial to have):
- Solid maths skills
- Professional experience with profiling and optimisation techniques
- Professional experience with multi-threaded programming
- Understanding and experience with other game engines such as Unreal Engine 4
- Professional experience with post-launch product development and delivery
- Professional experience in an Agile development environment
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics, or mathematics.
- Passionate about games and the gaming industry
- A portfolio of hobby projects
- You will design, develop, write, test, and implement systems and game code
- You will test and enhance game-play features and systems throughout development
- You will estimate tasks and provide high quality code to that schedule
- You will perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
- You will help create technical design specifications
- You will collaborate with designers, artists and publishing as necessary to create the highest possible quality games
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme
- Potential relocation package
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!