Job ID: #22864
Our client is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and Tablet games.
They operate worldwide on a F2P model, via the acquisition, retention and monetization of a sustainable player base whilst insuring their satisfaction, fun and engagement with the virtual world they have built for them to share with their friends. They are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
At present they are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to play an important role in bringing games to life. The ideal candidate will be approachable and enthusiastic when it comes to discussing requirements from people from a variety of disciplines.
Reporting to the Lead Programmer, the ideal candidate will be able to fluently translate designs into technical descriptions of tasks, doing so with a panache that comes from a knowledge and enthusiasm for games, especially mobile gaming.
The ideal candidate will be very much a self-starter, capable of showing initiative and a willingness to develop their skills and knowledge; taking on more complex tasks when their Lead Programmer assigns them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Define the steps necessary to deliver on an assigned task and executing on them.
• Accurately estimate time required to deliver on tasks
• Identify risks associated with tasks
• Participate in regular code reviews
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proficient in C# with good understanding of object oriented development
• Debugging and problem solving
• Experience of common algorithms, design patterns and data structures
• Understanding of the constraints working on mobile games brings
• Can analyse an existing module of reasonable complexity and extend it
• Proven games Unity programming experience
• Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title
• Worked in an agile environment
• Experience of UnityUI development
• Worked on multi-platform products
• Experience developing F2P Mobile products
• Understanding of LiveOps requirements
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we are running a Rocket League tournament to help raise money for this…
As part of OPMjobs’ MS-UK 925 Challenge, we have set up a digital raffle to help raise money for this…
Copyright © 2021 OPMjobs Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom