Job ID: #22864
Our client is an independent studio that designs, develops and publishes Smartphone and Tablet games.
They operate worldwide on a F2P model, via the acquisition, retention and monetization of a sustainable player base whilst insuring their satisfaction, fun and engagement with the virtual world they have built for them to share with their friends. They are a dedicated team with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated, forward thinking company in an exciting and ever-evolving industry.
At present they are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to play an important role in bringing games to life. The ideal candidate will be approachable and enthusiastic when it comes to discussing requirements from people from a variety of disciplines.
Reporting to the Lead Programmer, the ideal candidate will be able to fluently translate designs into technical descriptions of tasks, doing so with a panache that comes from a knowledge and enthusiasm for games, especially mobile gaming.
The ideal candidate will be very much a self-starter, capable of showing initiative and a willingness to develop their skills and knowledge; taking on more complex tasks when their Lead Programmer assigns them.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Define the steps necessary to deliver on an assigned task and executing on them.
• Accurately estimate time required to deliver on tasks
• Identify risks associated with tasks
• Participate in regular code reviews
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proficient in C# with good understanding of object oriented development
• Debugging and problem solving
• Experience of common algorithms, design patterns and data structures
• Understanding of the constraints working on mobile games brings
• Can analyse an existing module of reasonable complexity and extend it
• Proven games Unity programming experience
• Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title
• Worked in an agile environment
• Experience of UnityUI development
• Worked on multi-platform products
• Experience developing F2P Mobile products
• Understanding of LiveOps requirements
Every year, millions of people around the world observe May as Mental Health Awareness Month. During this time, people help…
OPMjobs has partnered with Into Games to showcase 50 talented individuals looking to make a name for themselves in the…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom