Our client one of Europe’s leading independent game studios is currently looking for an enthusiastic GUI/UX Designer devoted to building intuitive, cutting-edge user interface experiences for games on all current platforms. You will understand the importance of usability and visual communication, be self-driven and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding technical ability and understanding of user interfaces.
- Defining the overall vision for and the design of the game’s user interface
- The creation of documentation to help communicate the vision, including but not limited to wireframes and flowcharts
- The creation of working prototypes that demonstrate the design and help reduce risk in the production phase of development
- The creation of and continued development of all aspects of a game’s UI, including but not limited to the game’s Menu System and HUD
- Working closely with the Creative Director, design lead, art and animation team, sound designer and production team to realise the design and improve the user experience
- Taking an iterative approach to development by working closely with the Usability department to improve the end user’s understanding of how to interact with the UI and improve the overall user experience
- Championing the design department’s UI/UX related work, guiding future approaches to UI/UX and helping set the agenda for any training to be undertaken by other designers
- Ensuring an overall high quality level of the UI design, and User Experience
- The ability to communicate your vision to designers, artists, programmers, producers and others involved in the development process. This may involve presenting ideas both verbally and on paper, for which writing and the ability to communicate your idea in a visual form are required.
- A strong knowledge of software used in UI development, preferably including but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Unity UI and Unreal UMG
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience in a UI/UX design role within the games industry and has shipped at least one commercial title
- A keen interest in general in User Interface design, the field of User Experience, and the continued development of these subjects
- An end-user driven approach to design
- An appreciation of graphic design and typographical trends, with an eye for composition, balance and readability
- Understanding of and appreciation of information architecture
- Ideally experience of developing user interfaces for a variety of game genres on a variety of platforms
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and a proactive problem solver
- Experience of rapid prototyping
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Unity and/or Unreal
- Experience of working within a development team
- A proactive approach to continuously improving the teams working practices towards UI/UX development