This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is a world renowned social game developer and publisher for Mobile and Facebook.
They want to work together to make games that connect players through social gaming and to provide the most enjoyable, immersive playing experience.
- Take ownership of information organisation, prioritisation and navigation flow in the game your work on
- Benchmark competition and extracting key insights that apply to your game’s UX/UI
- Prepare mock-ups for features, UX, gather feedback from users and continuously improve existing flows
- Suggest design improvements that can simplify and improve UI/UX designs
- Research and propose artistic styles for UI according to the project’s genre and audience
- Be responsible for the UI implementation in-game and its asset management and optimisation
- Report directly to the project’s Lead Game Designer.
- Extensive experience as a UI/UX designer
- At least 2 full release cycles on mobile free-to-play games.
- Someone with an extensive background as a gamer (mobile, but also PC, console, tabletop, pen and paper) and who knows the mobile gaming market of course!
- Uncanny ability to abstract a design’s goal, distilling the most important information the player needs to understand from it, to group and sequence it into simple flows
- Great art eye (at least one or two art eyes, we’re not asking for more than eight though), with a special focus on composition and color.
- Proficient in the technical implementation of assets and UI building (Unity or other SDK)
- Fast iteration and user-driven design mindset
- Of course, as for most jobs, we highly value good communication skills, knowing how to work with a team (and liking it) and a few other basics like those!
- Experience in breeding dragons is a plus but we will still consider your application if you’ve been training marine monsters instead!