This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, technically skilled and creative designer to drive user interface design excellence and elegant user experience & interactions design on current and forthcoming titles with established and worldwide known IPs. The ideal candidate is able to develop modern interfaces and usability flow for a console interface heavy game from the initial game design document phase all the way through to the final ergonomic, visually pixel-perfect, animated and splashy final game interfaces.
- Take responsibility for ergonomics, userfriendliness, controller/keyboard layout, solve modality issues and take care of game responses/minimization of delay
- Early design mockups and research
- Define screen logic: what happens when you press ‘that’ button, ensure the player experience is as intuitive as possible and prepare flow diagrams/screen logic hierarchy for programmers (UI engineers).
- The ideal candidate would be able to create required art assets and animations/transitions/visual effects (Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Use authoring tool (Flash/Unreal UI Designer) to integrate all the graphic/audio/effect/fonts and animation that will be used in the interface as well as define interactions and screen logic using ActionScript/Blueprint.
- Research to keep up to date with usability standards for the comparable PC and console titles, research new techniques, tools and trends.
- Fluent English
- A degree in Graphic Design or related fields
- Proficiency with design tools: Photoshop / Illustrator
- Proficiency with authoring tools: Scaleform (incl. Action Script) and/or UMG UI Designer
- Extensive experience working in UX/UI design (PC/console games, mobile and web apps)
- Knowledge of the modern console games UI design approaches
- Strong understanding of page and screen layout, typography, icon design and screen readability
- Proven success working in a deadline-driven environment
- Communication skills, the ability to present the team your design ideas and the rationale behind
- Proactive, intellectually curious, and possesses the passion to figure things out through research and learning
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Experience on a shipped console title in the recent past (Xbox One/PS4)
- Experience on a multiplayer title