Job ID: #22274
OPM’s client are looking for an experienced UI Technical Artist to join their growing team at a very exciting time in the project.
This studio is building a world class team of games developers to make a ground breaking open-world game! They are looking for a Technical Artist to help bridge the gap between the tech and the artist. With their ambitious project, the studio requires an experienced UI Technical Artist who can provide support to artists on a daily basis and help find solutions to their problems.
– Implement UI components into the game (inventory screens, icons, HUD elements etc).
– Develop and maintain an efficient workflow and working pipelines for the swift and effective iteration on in game UI assets.
– Create tools to aid UI Artists in delivering visually advanced and performant UI.
– Work closely with Lead UI Artist to ensure that a visually consistent and compelling user interface is implemented across product.
– Develop and implement a wide range of visual UI effects to deliver immersive feedback to our players.
– Collaborate closely with design department to ensure all functionality and usability requirements are satisfied.
– Ensure UI assets conform to the defined technical requirements and performance constraints.
– Work with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives and schedule.
– Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule.
– Implement feedback from Lead UI Artist and Art Director.
– Experience in a similar role (console, PC or mobile).
– Excellent technical understanding of UI art pipelines, memory and rendering budgets.
– Knowledge of at least one programming language (such as Python, C++).
– Strong interest in the latest advancements in video game graphics and visual trends.
– An understanding of 2D and graphic design aesthetics and design fundamentals.
– An interest in games and current gaming UI trends.
– Experience with 2D authoring tools such as Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and After Effects.
– A positive, collaborative and professional working attitude.
Categories: Art , Creative
OPM are finally heading back to Germany to attend gamescom 2022! Kim, Hannah and Jon will be arriving in Cologne…
Do you have a passion for video games? Can you imagine spending your working hours designing, testing, or editing games?…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom