As a UI Artist, you will be responsible for the development, production and implementation of interfaces for our client’s project. Following visual guides, you’ll develop new interfaces as well as maintain and optimise existing ones, bringing a smooth and fluid user experience to their players. You’ll follow features through from conception to production, taking ownership and working in multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll be experienced in working up visual interface targets as well as prototyping interactive framework with white-boxes.
Working alongside an established, highly capable and motivated team you’ll have the opportunity to develop and hone your skills and gain valuable experience working with a live product. You’ll bring an open mind and flexible approach to the development of the most critical part of the game.
- Develop new interfaces from conception through to completion, using white-boxing, motion graphics and interactive prototypes to convey ideas.
- Work alongside other developers, owning responsibility for interfaces, actively contributing to the direction of new features.
- Plan and scope work alongside production and product managers to ensure steady and reliable development of game content.
- Follow style guides and visual standards to ensure all interfaces meet the right level of quality across the project.
- Ensure that the core user experience of the project is without flaw or friction and is consistently focused.
- Maintain, develop and optimise existing systems, learning the best approach and re-factoring where appropriate.
- Working with peers to utilise and expand the visual architecture of the game in line with the project branding and direction.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in developing mobile interfaces, paying careful attention to aspect ratio and screen resolutions as well as platform constraints and requirements.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of graphic design, using colour theory, layout, typography and iconography to balance a composition.
- A clear appreciation of UX and information architecture and ability to use the core concepts to enhance engagement with an interface.
- Experience in producing and developing white-box framework within flow diagram software.
- Ability to animate with motion graphics or programmatic solutions.
- Skill in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications:
- Premiere Pro
- After Effects
- Familiarity of the Unity3D engine, and using source control systems to archive work.
- Ability to work in both 2D and 3D.
- A willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Enthusiasm, clear communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Passion for cars and the surrounding culture.