Our client is looking for an experienced UI Artist to join their well-established team based in the North West.
You will have the opportunity to work within a highly successful and creative team producing high quality in console quality video games.
They are looking for self-motivators, who are responsive to direction and working to a brief. The ability to plan and schedule your time, and the confidence to deliver to a deadline is essential
- Responsible for creating game UI compliant with the game design, both technically and aesthetically.
- Designing, creating and exporting 2D textures/icons using packages provided.
- Creating, animating and exporting working interface files for use in game.
- Where necessary, creating 3D assets using packages provided.
- Designing with and exporting fonts for use in game, for multiple languages.
- Where necessary, liaising with environment artists to create bespoke in-game textures, such as shop logos or posters.
- Occasionally required to be involved in additional company-based commissions, for both internal and external use, e.g. promotional materials
- Where necessary, liaising with Publishing to ensuring that any bespoke artwork (such as logos and posters) or in-game fonts have been checked for legal clearance and licencing.
- Ensuring any texture assets created are future proofed for higher res platforms.
- Understand that you may be required to simultaneously work on multiple projects on multiple platforms.
- Understanding that changes and amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Constructively feedback any concerns of UI design.
- Work with Art Leads and other Artists to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of interface designs.
- Contributing original ideas towards all aspects of the UI design.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good demonstration of skills through CV/Showreel/Website or Art Tests.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Aftereffects, Unity and Maya.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.