This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is looking for a talented and experienced UI artist/designer to help deliver benchmark free-to-play gaming experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with F2P Designers and the Product Owner to prepare an excellent UI design.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Art Director to define an appropriate UI art style.
- Work with client engineers to deliver well functioning and bug free UI in a commercially available game.
- Create high quality UI artwork and the associated source assets.
- Design elegant UX layouts in conjunction with the design team.
- Be required to attend regular design meetings and team presentations.
- Contribute to planning and scheduling.
- Work in the London studio within a team of 8 to 20 people.
- Must have extensive minimum experience creating UI for free-to-play games on mobile platforms
- Must have extensive experience creating UI for games that use established RPG mechanics.
- Must have extensive experience working on a live-ops product
- Must have a university degree.
- Must demonstrate a design workflow: Starting from paper level, through wireframes to functioning prototypes.
- Must demonstrate an understanding for, and suitable attitude towards, UX/communication design conventions and how they affect player behaviour.
- Must demonstrate an understanding for different audiences and what’s culturally relevant to them.
- Must present examples of excellent artwork in more than one art style and theme.
- Posses the prerequisite graphic design skills (sense of proportion, layout, graphical form, typography)
- Show examples of work in a more painterly 2D style.
- Demonstrate a good sense of colour and composition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of past, current and emerging design trends.
Software and Organisational Requirements
They use different tools for different games, so it is important that the UI designer engage with the toolset, understand the technical capabilities of the platform and find creative solutions within technical constraints.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Extensive experience using Unity 3D and the Unity GUI tools
- Some experience with VFX, 2D animation and motion graphics
- A general willingness to learn new tools and solve technical problems
- Elegantly constructed and well organised source assets
- Experience with 3D art software is not a requirement but beneficial