This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is looking for a talented UI Artist to join their team.
The successful candidate will be a UI Artist to join the expanding Art Team for our client’s studio, to work on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
- Create high quality 2D user interface graphical artwork, from wireframe prototypes and concepts, through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing.
- Assist with concepting new ideas, exploring new techniques, and refining the UI to enhance the player experience.
- Following specific art direction and working in collaboration with other departments, create beautiful icons, menus, buttons, and front-end HUD graphics, and assist in both providing and implementing feedback.
- Work with the Art Director to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Add to a library of tutorials, documents, and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Mentor Junior UI Artists and help promote a culture of collaborative innovation.
- Excellent graphical artistic ability, with a clear understanding of colour theory, proportion, layout, composition and use of negative space.
- An enthusiasm for graphic design, iconography, typography, and an appreciation of the importance of the UI flow and functionality.
- Very good working knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator/XD or similar for vector graphic creation.
- Good knowledge of various other tools used in game development and experienced in using current game editors such as Unreal or Unity.
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working as part of a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a UI Artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques and emerging UI/UX trends.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!