As a Programmer you will be working closely with the game development team. You’ll work with other programmers and help out different areas of the project as and when they are needed. You’ll also be well placed to help identify areas of improvement within the project and be able to feed this back to the team.
Our clients team a small, tightly knit group of developers who strive to build impressive
multiplayer games. The programmers tend to be multi-disciplinary developers who push the
boundaries to deliver that goal.
- Help out with various areas, from gameplay, networking and other underlying systems
- Identify and improve existing systems
- Solve problems encountered along the way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Improve as an individual.
- Help others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant experience.
- Extensive Unreal Engine Experience.
- Be familiar and comfortable with all areas of game development.
- Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- Have a strong grasp of 3D maths for games.
- A desire to craft multiplayer games.
- A familiarity of multiplayer game programming.
- Ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong desire to overcome difficult hurdles.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- A methodical mind and the ability to think outside the box.
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively
- Extensive industry experience.
- Have developed a specialism: networking, physics, AI, systems, databases, animation, etc.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience in a professional environment.
- Experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Shipped a commercial multiplayer game.
- Experience writing game code with tight performance constraints.
- Experience writing optimised code in Unreal Engine 4.
- Have the ability to drive and contribute to all aspects of a game.