This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM are working with a world leading studio that continues to produce critically acclaimed and best-selling games.
They're on the lookout for talented Game Tools Programmers who possess a passion for creating systems and tools to improve developer workflows, enabling them to make the best games they can. This is a full-time permanent position based out of a unique game development studio.
WHAT THEY DO
- Adapt the game into an editor for artists, designers and other content creators to work within.
- Work on C# services and tools to accompany and compliment the in-game editor.
- Provide systems and libraries to enable other teams to easily create their own custom editors and tools in C++ and C#.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other programmers on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and continue the technological evolution of the game and tools.
- Develop high performance and easy to use world editing and game development tools and systems.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- Mentor and guide fellow programmers.
- Mathematics/computer science degree or equivalent.
- Experience in any of the following: engine/systems development, tool development, open world streaming, advanced scene management techniques, networking.
- Fluency in C / C++ with strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with geometry and linear algebra.
- Extensive experience with code and data optimization.
- Expert at debugging complex stability issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience working with designers, artists and programmers.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Passion for technology and games
- Experience with C# and the .NET Framework.
- Experience with WPF and XAML.
- User Experience design (UXD).