OPM's client has a rich history in games with multiple studios across the globe.
They’re looking for a talented Technical UI Artist to join their team in creating a new AAA open world Game.
The successful candidate will be communicating with all art disciplines to resolve issues, prototype new systems and develop new tools to support the teams. Alongside this, you will handle a diverse range of tasks including workflow processes, tools, prototyping, documentation, and performance.
- Experience in a Technical Art role in a commercial production environment
- Good understanding of latest games art fundamentals of rendering, materials, lighting, post-processing, and pipeline developments
- Knowledge & experience with Max/Maya/Substance/Photoshop and/or other 3D software packages
- Proficiency with pipeline scripting (Python/MAXscript/MEL)
- Good communication, self-driven organization, and time management skills with the ability to help mentor your colleagues.
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with UE4 with UMG and UI Materials familiarity (plus examples)
- Prior experience of UI creation and implementation
- Experience with programming languages such as C++ / C#
- Keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
- Work closely with each of the various Art, UI and Programming departments to effectively create UI visuals, both through R+D tests and full implementations
- Support development efforts with recommendations across the teams to ensure consistency of technical execution and visuals in line with the Art and UI/UX Directors goals
- Create and improve various scripts, assets + pipelines for UI production, alongside troubleshooting asset-related technical issues that arise
- Write and maintain technical documentation to support your own developments, as well as other project-wide implementations and pipelines
- Checking assets in terms of their technical setup and usage within the engine
- Build with consistency and efficiency in mind, to ensure a high standard throughout the games UI, including using profiling tools to find problems
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!