This award-winning studio are looking for a highly experienced and driven individual to fill this challenging but very rewarding role. As a Technical Producer you will assist with development, online services and live operations. Colleagues would describe you as a highly organised individual with superb communication abilities, that is comfortable managing the schedules of complex software projects.
Expectations are very high given their reputation in the industry. In addition to experience and skill, they place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
- Be a technical oracle – With one hand on complex, highly dependent task lists and the other on the overall technical direction of the project you are able to provide transparency on project status and risks to relevant stakeholders in order to ensure they are properly informed of any impacts.
- Take technical control of projects and work with established teams to tackle a wide variety of tasks, providing leadership, quality assurance and mentorship where needed.
- Completely own the communication of the technical aspects of a project, within the team, between teams and to all external stakeholders in methods and manners commensurate with the party or individuals.
- Ensure all engineers feel empowered to carry out the work at hand by ensuring there is an achievable schedule, and the team has the resources they need to deliver on time and at a high-quality level.
- Work with the senior management team and partners on budget setting, project planning, decision making and agreeing deliverable content.
- Tracking live issues affecting end users and ensuring they are being followed up on and resolved.
- Formulate and share best practices with other members of the company.
- Hansoft task, bug entry, and maintenance.
- Ensure they’re constantly innovating through the use of new technologies and methodologies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as defined by the studio manager.
- Be an ambassador for the company and their partners
Key Skills Required:
- Background in programming or other technical experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail, and good organisational skills.
- Excellent time management, multitasking skills and the ability to process complex information quickly and effectively.
- Knowledge and experience of Unity, UE4 or any other large proprietary game engine.
- A strong interest in games or gaming technologies.
- Experience working on titles or projects with live operations.
- Experience with SCRUM or AGILE methodologies.
- Proven professional games industry experience in a similar role.
- Technical gaming knowledge, ideally with several years of production experience.
- Experience in software profiling and optimisation techniques.
- Strong general knowledge of the video game production process – ideally a comprehensive end-to-end oversight from within the industry.