This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPM’s client is one of the world’s leading independent AAA games studios and a specialist in Unreal Engine! They are currently seeking a Technical Level Designer to join development on their upcoming action-adventure title!
- Experience as a Technical Designer on a completed game cycle.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Blueprint expertise.
- Good knowledge of programming or scripting languages and object-oriented approach.
- Background building complex game objects with self-contained behaviour.
- Good knowledge of gameplay features and asset management.
- Solid understanding of the principles of game design and theory.
- Strong technical documentation ability.
- Experience prototyping game features.
- Act as an expert on the design tools and level design systems used by the project.
- Design, create and maintain asset databases for the above systems.
- Work in the editor to script the game logic following design direction.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop features for the editor and the game.
- Collaborate with programmers on how features should be implemented and define what should be data driven and what shouldn't.
- Be the first person of contact with all technical game design issues and be able to determine when something can be manageable in script, and when it should be handled in code by programmers.
- Produce detailed and easy-to-use project documentation that is easily understood by the engineering and design team for onboarding and training purposes.
- Drive tool and workflow improvements improving the efficiency of other Designers.
- Attending playtests and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered.
- Act as a technical knowledge source for other members of the design team
- Remote and Onsite work options
- Performance-based bonuses
- Private health care
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent personal development opportunities
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!