OPM are working with a trusted partner in the Games Industry. The studio is an award-winning independent studio who produce and develop chart topping sports games across mobile platforms with over 250 million downloads to date.
Currently the studio are looking for a Technical Lead to join their passionate teams working on multiple titles. The studio are a small team, and this is an opportunity to be an important part of that team. The studio need a committed team member happy to get stuck in and get their hands dirty with the willingness to learn and grow within the team.
- Server-side software engineering.
- Managing a team of software and infrastructure engineers, building backend and analytics solutions as well as associated delivery pipelines.
- Providing a technical vision and concepts on how to achieve business goals.
- Developing enterprise-level distributed systems using AWS technologies, especially EC2, CloudFormation, S3, CloudFront, VPCs and Route53, with Lambda, API Gateway and DynamoDB.
- Docker, containerization, and VMs.
- Managing costs on AWS.
- SQL and NoSQL database design, development, administration and tuning, preferably MongoDB, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Caching technologies such as Redis.
- Data ETL pipelines.
- Linux server administration and scripting.
- Monitoring and alerting for web services, cloud deployments and networks.
- A multitude of programming languages, including Python.
- Developing RESTful APIs.
- Microservice architecture.
- Test Driven Development & Continuous Deployment.
- Working in an agile environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules.
- Ability to Lead, Motivate and inspire a team.
- Well versed in software development best practices and design patterns.
- Excellent understanding of server-side requirements and constraints, and how to resolve these through RESTful design.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to influence and drive change in a collaborative manner.
- Staying up to date with current trends in Software development, DevOps and Deployment Architecture, and adopting new concepts as appropriate.
- Knowledge of PII security and best practices.
- AWS Certification.