OPM is working with a growing independent game developer based in the heart of the Midlands.
As a Technical Director, you will be highly innovative and have a strong passion for the development of inspiring and creative games. You will work with a cross-functional team and take responsibility for setting the high-level vision and work closely with all disciplines to deliver on the overall game.
- You will be responsible for the entire programming team, working on our own IP within a brand new game concept utilising Unreal Engine 5.
- You will directly manage and support a small dedicated team of lead programmers for this innovative project. Your lead programmers shall manage the day to day activities and workloads of their individual programmers.
- Be responsible for defining all processes and tools used by the team, and the career development of all programming team members.
- Understand our consumer needs and ensure the technical vision is understood by our teams and partners so the game delivers great player satisfaction and maximum enjoyment.
- Responsible for pulling together the overall technical direction of the game by collaborating and inspiring our teams to achieve this and meet key milestones.
- Lead by example and develop high programming standards with the team.
- Excellent knowledge & industry experience in leading a high performing programming team.
- Expert knowledge of programming experience in C# or/ and C++.
- Great understanding in software design practices including architecture, software design patterns and algorithmic solutions.
- A realistic, pragmatic and commercially aware approach to games development.
- Proven ability to develop fun gameplay concepts, ideas and features that keep players wanting more.
- Experience of designing and launching a live AAA Game.
- Experience with Unreal.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418