This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Mobile Games
OPM’s latest client is a fast-growing start-up, located in beautiful Barcelona, who have recently partnered with a top publisher endeavouring to create the next generation of hit mobile games.
The successful candidate will be a determined front-end programmer who will lead a team of developers to add scalable game elements that can support millions of users.
- Extensive experience developing in the games industry
- Ability to detect and prevent global issues, trends, and interactions.
- Extensive understanding of object-oriented programming and software architecture
- Great understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong understanding of math involved in computer graphics.
- Professional experience developing on at least one popular game engine e.g. Unity or Unreal
- Strong communication skills and able to work in an English-speaking team
- Ability to stretch working times, responsibilities, and work under pressure whenever necessary.
- Great understanding of one or more programming languages such as C#, C++, Java etc
- Outline the technological strategy in conjunction with the development team of each project: pipeline, tools, and key development procedures.
- Evaluate technical risk and mitigation plan.
- Determine standards and procedures to track and measure project's progression.
- Assess development teams, identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance.
- Evaluate and interview candidates for technical positions.
- Scout for and evaluate new technology and tools as opportunities for innovation and development excellence.
- Oversee technical design documentation process for correctness and timeliness.
- Provide input to the other disciplines on the practicality of initial design goals and impact to the overall project timeline.
- Evaluates software implementation on design and task thoroughness.
- Assist in identifying high risk areas for the project director.
- Identify weak software systems that need code improvement and schedules corrective action, when possible.
- Build automated test process for system features, where possible, and contributes to the build system.
- Bachelor's degree(s) in Computer Science or associated field.
- Experience with mobile development.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!