This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client, based in the vibrant city of Copenhagen is looking for a talented Technical Director to lead one of the teams developing their upcoming AAA games.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the management team to convert high level business requirements and creative visions into a technology roadmap encompassing the entire game project developing for their upcoming and future AAA games.
- Extensive experience as a lead programmer or a similar technical leadership position
- Extensive experience working on at least one multiplayer, AAA title
- Proven track record of programming experience on numerous projects
- Able to deliver good leadership and nurture a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Deep understanding of technological limitations on various platforms
- Deep understanding of C++ and C# languages and system architecture
- Strong experience with general and platform specific optimisations
- Proactive mindset, able support the rest of game management to determine systems for planning, reporting, and controlling various aspects of programming, and willing to work hands-on to accomplish goals on schedule
- Cross-platform development experience
- Determine the programming vision for the whole project, in line with the Game Director’s vision
- Throughout the duration of the project, you will revise and adjust the roadmap corresponding to project progress and changes, with the aim of keeping agreed scope and deadlines
- To ensure the technology roadmap is effectively implemented
- Deliver and update high-level estimations for all areas of the game to the Executive Producer and help with prioritisation
- Ensure the tech vision for the project is aligned with the studio’s overall tech vision, by coordinating with the CTO and Tech Directors for other projects
- Evangelise the technical direction of the whole project internally as well as externally
- Coordinate the technical direction of the individual development teams with the Technical Team Leads
- Determine coding best practices and follow up with lead and senior programmers to make sure that these requirements are met
- Use your analytical mind and ability to synthesise ideas and requirements to create solutions
- Provide clear direction and feedback to the employees working on the programming areas of the project
- Collaborate with directors and leads of other disciplines to determine the technological needs of the project in conjunction with constraints and project requirements
- Provide mentoring for the programming team
- Participate in the interview process for the programming team
- Bring input to employees’ performance review process
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Network programming experience on a AAA game
- University Degree(s) in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or comparable
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!