This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: C++ / UE4
OPMs clients is seeking a Technical Director to join a well-known independent game developer’s newest studio based in New York. Situated in the Financial District, the studio boasts amazing views across the city, The Brooklyn Bridge and East River.
The successful candidate will provide the technical direction and leadership for their AAA games by establishing the engineering vision and leading the team to deliver all aspects of required tools, technologies, and processes.
- Extensive experience developing AAA games having shipped two titles in a lead and/or management role.
- Expert understanding of C/C++.
- Professional experience developing multi-platform projects
- Previously developed, FPS, RPG, or Action focused games.
- Strong experience with third-party technology solutions, including Unreal Engine.
- Outstanding project management and time management skills.
- Brilliant verbal and written communication skills
- Lead and manage all studio engineers
- Cooperate with the Creative Director to understand and carry out the vision for the game
- Interpret the game vision into actionable technical design and execute it throughout development
- Cooperate with the Art, Animation and Creative directors to identify and define pipelines, workflows, and tools; and manage the effort to shape, test, and enhance them
- Assess both internal and external technology solutions
- Preserve overall code quality, ensuring that code is cross-platform, reusable, and maintainable
- Manage internal and external technology dependencies and risks, and create mitigation plans for all critical path technologies
- Work with the production team to revise and validate engineering and production plans
- Carry out regular code reviews to ensure quality and consistency
- Outline and enforce performance metrics throughout development
- Investigate and propose new innovations that may benefit the project
- Provide mentorship, troubleshooting, and problem-solving assistance to the engineering team
- Identify cross-discipline challenges
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company paid holidays which includes 4 weeks of vacation.
- Relocation Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!