This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Games
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Designer to join development on their team-based multiplayer projects. The successful candidate will be joining the studio at an exciting time as they begin transition to the latest Unreal Engine 5 technology.
- Strong industry experience with a minimum of 1 shipped game on current gen (PS4 / XBOX ONE) console or PC title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on from beginning to end
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team
- Scripting or programming language (visual or text based) experience
- Background prototyping gameplay mechanics using UE4, Unity, or similar
- First- or third-person shooter experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing high quality and thorough design documentation
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc.)
- Collaborating with the design team and other disciplines
- Identify technical challenges and offering innovative solutions
- Developing prototypes for the design team
- Mentor and manage other designers and become involved in peer-reviews
- Support the programming team by debugging and optimising
- Prepare key product messaging for the media
- Understanding of players motivations, psychology and cognitive biases
- Knowledgeable in multiple areas of design, with emphasis in areas where digital prototyping is required
- C# or C++ experience
- Ability to create holistic designs where systems and subsystems work together to make a whole that is more than the sum of its parts
- Some understanding of design methodologies and frameworks (e.g. MDA, Rational Game Design, PENS etc)
- Undergraduate degree in Video Game Design, Computer Science, Entertainment or a form of technical training
- Private medical and dental cover
- 36 days off annually
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced pension
- Profit share
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!