Project: Mobile Games
Our client is seeking an experienced Technical Artist with an understanding of the trends and visual styles of the games ecosystem to join their growing art team.
The successful candidate will be mindful of a player demographic and take possession of the design of entire new games and their features.
- Eligible to work in the UK, with professional level spoken English
- Expertise in the Unity engine particularly Unity UI
- Practiced in different architectural approaches within Unity
- Able to ensure that art, animation, and audio) work independently within Unity
- The ability to write clean, performant C# code when necessary.
- A drive to solve problems in a thoughtful, elegant way.
- The drive to proactively optimise assets appropriately
- Experience working remotely with programmers
- Designing and implementing the ‘Unity layer’ which links the art and animation of the game artists to the functionality of the programmers’ underlying codebase.
- Constructing games within Unity, including the use of Unity UI, in accordance with in-house technical workflow.
- Writing custom components in C# when control over complex visual elements is required.
- Optimizing the games so that they run smoothly and efficiently on the widest possible range of mobile devices.
- Creating animations, particle effects and custom shaders when necessary.
- Supporting and mentoring game artists on technical issues.
- Experience of working on own projects
- Proficient on Git and its best practices
- Unity Editor scripting ability
- Yearly CPD allowance
- Health insurance, Dental, Life, and Critical Illness cover
- Subsidised gym membership and cycle to work scheme
- Regular company events and rewards
- Health and wellbeing packages
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!