This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Projects: AAA Games
OPM are pleased to be working with a long-standing client keen to deliver high-end interactive and immersive AAA experiences. They are seeking an experienced technical artist to join their studio.
The successful candidate will help steer the content production pipelines and help maintain performance. This includes improving their internal toolsets and workflows, whilst also ensuring that art meets the high-level quality required and performance goals.
- Pinpoint pipeline, workflow & build problems, finding solutions or working with teams to relieve impact on the final product.
- Optimising shaders and advising art on how to optimise assets and other content to fit within the technical constraints of the target platforms.
- Working pro-actively with the art and tech team to enhance workflows and processes.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as Lighting, VFX, Engineering and Design.
- Lead research efforts to define and maintain art production pipelines and workflows.
- Help define new art workflows and identify industry trends and best practices.
- Be the point of contact between team members to drive cross-department cooperation.
- Mentor and help teams in cross discipline work, ensuring best practices are followed.
- Strong experience as a technical artist or related art role, having worked on at least one AAA title.
- A wonderful portfolio which proves your ability to generate high quality artwork for games.
- Robust understanding of Unreal Engine and related performance profiling tools.
- Solid Python scripting knowledge.
- Good experience with 3D modelling, and artist workflows including texturing.
- Deep understanding of physically based material pipelines.
- Solid understanding of Maya or similar modelling packages.
- Deep knowledge of modern lighting models, and how they affect shader creation.
- Good knowledge of node-based shader editors or HLSL experience.
DESIRED SKILLS (NOT MUST HAVES):
- Familiarity with C++/C#
- Great understanding of 3D math.
- Great understanding of Houdini & procedural content creation.
- Experience with Substance Designer & Painter.
- Knowledge of high-polygon sculpting tools, such as Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat and the asset baking process.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!