This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console PC/Games
OPM’s client are currently seeking an experienced Technical Artist to act as a creative problem solver to support their art team.
- Helping to establish and maintain project art pipelines from inception and throughout the project life cycle
- Assist with creating and integrating in-house toolsets and be involved in creating materials/shaders
- Make sure all artwork hits memory and frame rate guidelines/restrictions by means of performance profiling
- Work alongside the artists and feedback on how they can improve the performance of the in-game assets while maintaining visual fidelity
- Help to ensure all artwork adheres to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures etc
- Remain up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team
- Contribute to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues
- Inform Tech Art Leads of resourcing concerns and productions risks
- Inspire and mentor other members of the Technical Art Team
- Appreciate the technical challenge and constraints of real-time game art and have some understanding of modern rendering, shading and lighting techniques
- Must be performance and quality focused
- Outstanding knowledge of Maya and/or 3DS Max and some knowledge in Python
- Excellent communication and organisation skills and enthusiasm for working within a multidisciplinary art team
- Able to create materials/shaders and an understanding of a PBR workflow
- Great understanding of the technical limitations of current console hardware
- Practical and methodical approach to technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a Technical Artist.
- Flexible and calm approach with the ability to adapt to change.
- Able to deliver quality work within fixed time constraints.
- Solid knowledge of current game development practices and terminology and a passion for staying up to date with latest technology and embracing new game art techniques
DESIRED SKILLS (Good to have):
- MEL and/or Maxscript skills
- Understanding of Maya API and programming in C++ or C#
- Solid understanding of various other tools and software used in development, Photoshop, Substance, Houdini etc is
- Understanding of Unreal Engine or Unity
- Experience of working within game development for at least 2 years
- Experience on a shipped title
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Annual bonus
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!