Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
A career at our client's studio is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
This studio is on the lookout for talented Technical Artists who possess a passion for Technical Art to help develop and support their titles. This is a full-time permanent position based out of a unique game development studio in the heart of London.
- A relevant degree or professional experience in the game industry as a Technical Artist or similar/related position from industries such as Film/VFX.
- In the absence of the above; videos or an online portfolio with relevant examples of your work will be required so we can assess your skill set.
- Strong coding/scripting skills with OOP knowledge.
- Ability to write tools within DCC packages or standalone.
- Understanding of using DCC packages for authoring game Art.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Comfortable coding in modern IDEs and debugging.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- This is a generalist Technical Artist role. The candidate could potentially be involved in a wide variety of technical tasks related to Art.
- Note: This not a regular Artist position so the candidate won't be doing any creation of artwork.
- Create tools within 3DS Max in Maxscript and C#/WPF.
- Create tools within Houdini/Substance/Maya/Blender in Python/QT.
- Write standalone tools/systems (in C#/WPF or Python/QT) and integrate them with the Art pipeline.
- Create advanced HDAs to help with procedural creation of artwork where possible.
- Work with Runtime and Art teams to push engine features which improve the Art processes within the constraints of the platforms we are targeting.
- Write new Automation tasks to support an ever expanding and varied Art requirements across multiple projects.
- Create tools/scripts to support Art production/tracking (integrating with inhouse systems and 3rd party solutions such a Shotgun).
- VISA sponsorship and Relocation support if required
- Experience working at the top of AAA games development on world famous IP’s
- Highly competitive salaries for the region
- And more!