This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Realtime Projects
OPM’s client is seeking a motivated and talented Technical Artist with a proven experience with Unreal Engine.
The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of art, animation, virtual production and VFX pipelines.
- Work in partnership with the VP supervisor and real time TD to deliver high quality real-time art in Unreal Engine by creating shaders, lighting and particle effects.
- Assist the character and environment artists on asset build and look development.
- Be knowledgeable in regards to lighting techniques in Unreal Engine and instruct artists in lighting best practices.
- Improve content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices.
- Work alongside programmers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D.
- Display a level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and artistic skills.
- Produce and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of workflows, processes and tools.
- Assist the VP Supervisor and TD in onset virtual scouting and camera sessions where necessary.
- In-depth experience working with Unreal Engine – Blueprint, Sequencer, Editor & real time lighting
- Great 3D art skills with experience of optimising modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, shading, lighting and particle effects for real-time workflows.
- Great understanding of PBR workflow and shader programming.
- Maya and/or Houdini experience
- Knowledgeable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter.
- Capability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Capability to work in collaboration with multiple teams
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of film language.
- On set experience desirable
- Unity experience
- VR/AR authoring in Unreal experience
- Experience on set
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!