OPMs client is a growing, independent game developer based in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, the heart of the UK games industry. They are looking for a Technical Artist that will have the ability to work with clients, artists and programmers to create innovative and inspiring gaming visuals that set new benchmarks. You will be working on one of their exciting new projects – a AAA IP in the strategy genre.
They focus on emerging technologies and greenfield projects, supported by a dynamic and creative team who are able to explore new ground in this ever-changing landscape.
- Manage Art pipelines and workflows
- Experience with shader creation and optimisation
- Assist with game optimisation and framerates
- Create scripts and tools in Maya or other to help artists (Python, Mel etc.)
- Help bridge Art and Code departments with tools and workflows
- Experience in Unity/ Unreal
- Will have knowledge and experience in using Particle Effects editors to create PFX
- Will have experience in Rigging
- Drive and own the documentation to ensure best practices in art creation and work with the team to ensure standards and processes are reviewed to drive efficiencies
- You will be a team player, but also work autonomously, whilst knowing when to ask for advice from your colleagues
- The ability to contribute to Scrum meetings and help drive the artistic development of the project and the team
- Experience in the Technical Artist role, having worked on previous titles
- Experience within the industry standard software packages such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop, Unity. Unreal engine.
- Passionate about making games visuals and supporting our approach to emerging technologies and industry developments
- Ambitious and motivated
- Experience in C#
- Experience in Substance Designer
- Work with their team of programmers and artists to support the implementation of fresh and innovative visuals for our games
- Prior experience in graphics and rendering with excellent communications skills
- Monitor and manage the project pipelines to ensure budgets and requirements are met
- Have the motivation and passion to keep up to date with industry developments and bring efficiencies and increased quality, whilst growing your skill set
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays & additional service days.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible working.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!