This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Platforms: AAA Console Games
OPMs client is a UK games developer with a rich portfolio of action adventure games. They keep high production values close to its heart and it shows in all their games. They are seeking a Houdini Technical Artist to join their award-winning studio in Cambridge.
- Develop production ready procedural tools for asset creation.
- Maintaining and improving existing procedural tools.
- Support the Art and Technical teams.
- Problem solving for significant production issues.
- Recognising inefficiencies and pipeline problems and finding solutions.
- Empowering other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner.
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for created tools.
- Liaise between Art and Engine programming teams to enable production desires.
- Deep understanding and professional experience with Houdini.
- Deep knowledge of VFX.
- Good experience with creating and maintaining SOP based tools.
- Good experience with creating DOP based simulations.
- Good experience with setting up and maintaining PDG networks
- Knowledge of 3D Maths functions (linear algebra & vector maths) for real time graphics.
- Knowledge of 3D DCC tools such as, Maya and Blender.
- Knowledge of texture creation tools, if possible, Substance designer and painter.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and maintaining Unreal blueprints.
- Solid knowledge of Python
- Great understanding of toolset building for art assets creation.
- Ability to overcome technical challenges.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Passionate about learning new techniques in the field.
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools and systems that enable artists.
- Holiday 23 days per annum (rising 1 day a year for each year of service to a maximum of 33 days)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Private healthcare and dental cover
- Flexible working hours
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214412!